Calcium is needed for
- the maintenance of normal bones and teeth
and contributes to
- normal energy-yielding metabolism
- normal blood clotting
- normal muscle function
- normal neurotransmission
- normal function of digestive enzymes
- and has a role in the process of cell division and specialisation
- In children calcium is needed for normal growth and development of bone
NRV*: 800 mg
Quantity**: approx. 150 g beans, 73 g Appenzeller cheese or 77 g Emmentaler cheese.
Info: More than 99% of the body’s calcium is found in bones and teeth.
*NRV (Nutrient Reference Value) according to Regulation (EU) 1169/2011
**Food quantity based on the NRV per day