Vitamin D contributes to
- normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- the normal function of the immune system
- the maintenance of normal blood calcium levels
- the maintenance of normal muscle function, bones and teeth
- and has a role in the process of cell division
- In children vitamin D is needed for normal growth and development of bone.
NRV*: 5 µg
Quantity**: approx. 20 g young salted herring or 250 g liver of beef
Info: Providing that sufficient sunlight is available, the body is able to produce vitamin D itself.
*NRV (Nutrient Reference Value) according to Regulation (EU) 1169/2011
**Food quantity based on the NRV per day